every Doctor Who theme at once
This is how i felt when all the doctors joined together to save Gallifrey.
this would suit Capaldi perfectly
the opening sequence can just be this gif
I’ve never had goosebumps like that before…..my body was NOT ready…
Fan fiction is what literature might look like if it were reinvented from scratch after a nuclear apocalypse by a band of brilliant pop-culture junkies trapped in a sealed bunker. They don’t do it for money. That’s not what it’s about. The writers write it and put it up online just for the satisfaction. They’re fans, but they’re not silent, couchbound consumers of media. The culture talks to them, and they talk back to the culture in its own language.
Should I be called to sit on a jury for a rape trial, I vow publicly to vote not guilty, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that the charges are true.
Paul Elam, the author of the above quote and one of the major voices of the men’s rights activism movement, will be featured on 20/20 today (Friday, October 18) at 10pm Eastern on ABC.
Watch it! Or don’t. Just remember that men’s rights has nothing to do with advocating for men and everything to do with heartless misogyny and advocating violence against women (and anyone else who is seen as contributing to a culture where men are brutally oppressed by a feminist shadow conspiracy).
I’ve actually been working on a post about this guy and his contributions to the MRA movement for, like, forever, and I just get too fucking frustrated and disgusted to finish it, so I’m just gonna add some more quotes and context:
- When a woman protested an MRA lecture at the University of Toronto, Elam and A Voice for Men responded by comparing her behaviour to that of the Nazis, and then exposed her personal information online to silence her.
- From an article absolutely loaded with misogynistic, rape-supportive horseshit: “[Andrea Dworkin] even claimed to have been raped in 1999… C’mon, people, Dworkin’s problem wasn’t that she was raped. Her problem, and I mean all along, was that she wasn’t.”
- "There are some good looking women at the SlutWalks. It is an environment where even mediocre looking women, by comparison, can look good enough to be raped."
- "The concept of rape has a lot of utility for women. One, it feeds their narcissistic need to feel irresistible. Two, it feeds their narcissistic need to feel irresistible."
- "But are these women asking to get raped? In the most severe and emphatic terms possible the answer is no, they are not asking to get raped. They are freaking begging for it.”
- He coined the term “rapetard.”
and from here on out, should I be called to sit on the jury for a rape trial, I publicly vow to find all accused rapists guilty even in the absolute absence of all evidence of his guilt
He wouldn’t be allowed to sit on the jury though, thank god. Claiming someone is guilty or not guilty before you’ve witnessed the trial gets you cut.
What absolute scum. That 20/20 thing has gotta be like… “look at this fucking misogynist.”
literally kill this man
Let him rot in an oubliette somewhere.
why are parents allowed to yell and scream at their children and call them names and just make them feel like shit in general…
but when kids try to defend themselves…. its disrespectful?
because the nuclear family is supposed to be a microcosm of the corporate-state
"talking about sexism or racism on Tumblr doesn’t solve anything"
really? because I am absolutely certain that I am a better, less bigoted person than I was a few years ago and that is most certainly due to the people I met and things I read on Tumblr
perhaps it doesn’t do anything for the worst of the worst but there are still plenty of people who do learn from impassioned Tumblr posts